Strategic Plan Summary 2017 - 2020
I am the Way, the Truth and the Life (John 14:6)
St Francis Xavier College is a Catholic community that is educative and supportive of the whole person. We have a clear purpose: the individuals’ development of competence, conscience and compassion formed in the Christian tradition in light of the Scriptures; one who is guided by a sense of Christian faith, hope and love who will be of service to the world. We recognise God’s presence in our lives by being a living witness to Jesus, celebrating and pursuing excellence and by living courageously with optimism and respect for the dignity of all.
St Francis Xavier College Strategic Plan (PDF)
Catholic identity and Religious Education
Goal: Our community is a living witness to the Gospel where Christ is encountered.
- Lead the community towards a post critical belief stance through developing an understanding of recontextualisation and dialogue in a pluralistic society.
- Fully implement the revised Religious Education Core Curriculum developed by the Catholic Education Office, Sale Diocese.
- Promote and Support Youth Ministry
- Educating students in identity and sexuality
- That all teaching staff are accredited or working towards accreditation.
- Maintain and enhance ties with Parish
- Further development links with the Student Wellbeing Team in the delivery of programs that complement the development of faith.
Teaching & Learning
I have come that you may have life and have it to the full (John 10:10)
Goal: Through the deepening of the culture of positive learning partnerships informed by Positive Psychology and the differentiated and purposeful nature of the curriculum, student achievement will be enhanced.
Improved Student Outcomes
- That the professional learning program is planned and purposeful to support student achievement
- That opportunities for dialogue and collaboration are provided to facilitate professional growth.
- That targeted professional learning will be provided.
Expert Teacher Practice
The glory of God is the human person fully formed – St Irenaeus 2nd Century
- The literacy and numeracy outcomes for students will be enhanced
- The learning outcomes of VCE students will increase
- That VCAL students will be more engaged in their learning program and that their post school destinations are improved
- That student progress is increased
- Student achievement is monitored progressively
- That students will be more dedicated to achievement in their differentiated and purposeful learning program
What does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God – Micah 6:8
Goal: That students are able to manage their wellbeing more effectively through the development of a culture informed by our Catholic Identify and enriched by evidenced based positive psychology.
- Further development links with the Catholic Identity Team in the delivery of wellbeing programs that complement the development of faith.
- That a strategy for managing student records is developed to inform wellbeing support
- Develop wellbeing programs to support learning
- Develop wellbeing skills in staff and students
Leadership and Management
The greatest among you will be your servant (Matthew 23:11)
Goal: All staff see themselves as intelligently loyal leaders for student achievement.
Leadership for Learning
- That the College develops enhanced processes to communicate with all stakeholders in the College.
- That our leadership model is student achievement centred.
- To continue to build a strong professional culture.
- Review and upgrade Masterplan for all campuses
- Further develop religious sites as per religious masterplan
- Continue to enhance our Occupational Health and Safety obligations and practices.
- Support resources and practices that are progressive, ethical, sustainable and environmentally proactive.
REGISTERED SCHOOL NUMBER: 1766