Statement of College’s Educational Philosophy
St Francis Xavier College operates under the governance of the Diocese of Sale Catholic Education Ltd (DOSCEL) and supported by the Parishes of Berwick, Narre Warren, Pakenham, Iona / Maryknoll and Koo Wee Rup.
The College strives to achieve the best in educational opportunities and outcomes for its students. Specifically:
- We seek to be an overtly authentic Catholic College where we promote and celebrate the Christian faith and the spirituality of all College members in partnership with our families and parishes;
- We aim to promote effective teaching and learning, based on our Catholic values, incorporating challenging, relevant and innovative curriculum, highlighted by engaging teaching and learning processes;
- We strive to develop an adaptive learning environment which fosters critical thinking, creativity, collaboration, problem solving and flexibility;
- We promote and facilitate teacher collaboration, consistency and collegial accountability through teams;
- We aim to be an inclusive Catholic community where people are valued and cared for, where diversity and differences are respected and celebrated and where positive relationships are able to flourish;
- We are committed to the ongoing development of quality Christian leadership amongst our staff and our students who will guide and develop the Christian values which distinguish our learning environment;
- We aim to build an effective stewardship of human and material resources thereby strengthening the provision of quality Catholic education for our students.
College Game Plan
The College Game Plan offers further clarity in how the mission and vision of the College is to be enacted to support Student Achievement.