St Francis Xavier College Private Bus Service
The College has a complex and extensive Private Bus fleet that assists parents in transporting children to and from school. These services are contracted buses as well as College owned buses.
Applications for the private bus services are completed annually.
The annual cost including GST per student is $825.00, equal to $4.53 per day.
St Francis Xavier College also offers a shuttle service from campus to campus.
All costs are an annual fee and will be charged per student, including shuttle only services. Bus fees will be invoiced to your Education Fee Account.
Details of the 2020 Private School Bus Service and Shuttle Service can be viewed in the 2020 Bus Information Booklet and online at: AM Bus Routes | PM Bus Routes
The bus information booklet also contains detailed information in regards to:
- Conditions of use;
- Annual cost;
- Process for cancelling the service.
Register for a Private Bus
Private School Bus Service 2020
The 2020 private school bus registration closed on 11 November 2019. Late applications may not be fulfilled; however, we will do our best to complete your registration needs.
If you are wanting to submit an application for 2020, please:
Then, complete the following:
- 2020 Private School Bus Application
- 2020 Travel Contract
- Private Bus Conveyance Allowance Form (Officer and Beaconsfield campus only) email to email@example.com
Applications are finalised upon receipt of this paperwork.
- Complete one registration per child
- Ensure all details submitted are correct
Private Bus Service Terms and Conditions
- ALL Students and Parents/Guardians must read and sign the Bus Travel Contract
- ALL Students travelling on a bus must be at the marked designated PTV stop or Pick Up destination at least 10 minutes prior to departure to assist in the timely running of the network
- Students must carry their 2020 bus pass at all times as they will be required to tap on and tap off their bus. They must also produce the pass upon request
- If a student does not have a bus pass they can request a temporary pass prior to 2.00pm, during recess or lunch time from Student Services
- In the afternoon, if student is unable to produce either a temporary pass or regular bus pass as they are boarding the bus – they will not be allowed to board the bus. Students will then be instructed to go to Reception/Student Services to call parents/guardians to arrange an alternative way home
- Students must at all times behave in a responsible and respectful manner
- Students must not distract the bus driver
- The College retains the Travel Conveyance Allowance
- The College has the right to alter routes/times as the need arises
- The College bus service is to be used for travel to and from the place of residence, and not for personal convenience i.e. After school activities
- St Francis Xavier College Bus Registration Forms must be renewed each year
- Travel Conveyance Application Forms are available on the College Website and are to be submitted (if eligible) along with the Bus Travel Contract
- Under current legislation, any student with anaphylaxis must carry an Epipen and plan in their school bag whilst travelling on the bus.
- Students will be suspended from using the school bus service if it is deemed they are breaching the Conditions of Use – as stated in the Bus Travel Contract
All Students travelling on a bus must be at the marked designated PTV stop or Pick Up destination at least 10 minutes prior to departure to assist in the timely running of the network.
The College requires the right to alter or amend services provided based on changing needs and demand.
Ventura GPS Tracking
Whilst every effort is made to ensure students arrive to school at the advertised times, drivers do encounter challenges, e.g. traffic congestion, roadworks, weather, break downs, etc. Ventura has launched an interactive private school maps and times App to track our private bus service.
Ventura Tracker uses GPS technology to track each school bus. Schools, parents and students can access this information via the APP or Ventura Website to view where the bus is, the route the bus will take, the designated bus stops, and the times for each stop (Scheduled, Actual, and Departed). The College can also track each student’s use of the bus through a touch on/touch off system.
Please see the bus track brochure for information and instructions on how to download the App.
Student Bus Passes
Students must carry their bus pass at all times as they will be required to tap on and tap off their bus. They must also produce the pass upon request.
If a student does not have a bus pass they can request a temporary pass prior to 2.00pm, during recess or lunch time from Student Services.
In the afternoon, if student is unable to produce either a temporary pass or regular bus pass as they are boarding the bus, they will not be allowed to board the bus. Students will then be instructed to go to Reception/Student Services to call parents/guardians to arrange an alternative way home.
If a replacement bus pass is required, a signed note from the parent/guardian and $7.00 needs to be submitted to Student Services. A new bus pass will then be issued to the student.
If you have any queries or need help, please contact our Transport Coordinator.
03 9707 3111