College Advisory Board
The St Francis Xavier College Advisory Board is the body which is responsible for the management of the College according to the College Constitution.
Responsibilities of the College Advisory Board are:
- To support actively Catholic education as described in “The Code of Canon Law” and in the directions and guidelines determined by the Bishop, by:
- maintaining the Catholic nature of the College;
- ensuring that the guidelines for Religious Education for Secondary schools as approved by the Bishop of Sale are followed;
- promoting the development of a Christian community within the College;
- sponsoring a comprehensive curriculum which underpins the specific Catholic ethos of the College; and
- becoming involved as appropriate in other Catholic adult education initiatives within the region.
- To establish, ratify and review regularly the objectives of the College, being mindful of the tradition of excellence in Catholic education.
- To select and determine policies, in consultation with appropriate parties, which will assist the Canonical Administrators, Principal and staff in working towards the objectives.
- To ensure on behalf of the College community that the curriculum and educational standards are appropriate to meet the needs of the students and that appropriate priority is given to these aspects of College life.
- To evaluate the effects of the Board’s decisions in achieving the objectives.
- To plan and evaluate the financial, building and maintenance programs necessary for the recurrent and long-term effectiveness of the College in accordance with its responsibility and to consult appropriately with various diocesan and civil authorities.
- To ensure that the College finances are managed in accordance with Section 15.
College Advisory Board Members
Chairperson: Phil Van Laeren
College Principal: Vincent J Feeney
College Vice Principal: Tim Newcomb
College Acting Business Manager: Conor McAleese
Pakenham Parish Representative: Bernadette Laurie
Iona/Maryknoll Parish Representative: TBC
Koo Wee Rup Parish Representative: Robert Mure
Narre Warren Parish Representative: Nicola Saunders
Berwick Parish Representative: Phil Van Laeren
College Staff Representative: Georgie Erpisimidis
Catholic Education Office: Paul Lomas
Financial Advisor/Accountant: Geoff Timmins
Canonical Administrators: Fr Bernard Buckley, Fr Brendan Hogan, Fr Jeff Kleynjans, Fr Peter Kooloos.
Finance Committee Members: Vincent J Feeney, Tim Newcomb, Nicola Saunders, Conor McAleese & Geoff Timmins